Looking for Foods High In Calcium And Vitamin D? You have come to the right place. Here we are not only going to give you a list of great sources of Calcium and Vitamin D, but also the importance of both of them.
List of foods high in Calcium
Perhaps the most widely known fact about calcium is its vital role in our bones and teeth, but that is not it! Whether you are aware of it or not, this incredible bone-building and teeth-strengthening mineral plays such a major and significant role in other areas of human’s health. Don’t believe it? See the following examples:
- Lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Preventing Osteoporosis, Calcium will make your bone stronger. The tissue density will be much higher, so this will prevent the degradation of this density, which is also known as Osteoporosis. More than that, this benefit also makes your bone stronger, which can help you get better posture, which can support your appearance.
- Preventing weight gain. The main reason why Calcium can help you to prevent obesity is the parathyroid hormone. When your body has Calcium deficiency, your body will release more of this hormone. However, this hormone will prevent the fats, breaking process, which means your body will keep more fats. And, this is what makes you fatter. So, by having enough Calcium, your body doesn’t need to release more of this hormone, which means you can easily burn more fats.
- Preventing Pre-menstrual pain
- Preventing Cancer, especially colon cancer.
With all of the aforementioned health benefits, it is clear to see that calcium is one of the most important mineral and what better way to get our dose of calcium than consuming foods rich in calcium? See the following list to get yourself started!• 8-ounces of plain yogurt contains a whopping 415-milligram calcium• 3-ounces sardines contains 325-milligram calcium• ½ cup cooked spinach contains 145-milligram calcium• 3-ounces salmon contains 181-milligram calcium• 1-ounce sesame seeds contains 280-milligram calcium• 1.5-ounces shredded Cheddar cheese contains 306-milligram calcium• 8-ounces of milk contains 300-miligram calcium• ½ cup of firm tofu contains 250-milligram calcium
List of foods high in Vitamin D
Similar to Calcium, Vitamin D also has incredible multiple roles in the human body. One of the most talked about health benefit is, without a doubt, its ability to optimize phosphorus absorption as well as calcium regulation. Not only that, it is found to also have the ability to protect the body from type 1 diabetes, cancer, as well as multiple sclerosis. Would like to know another health benefits of this vitamin? See the following:
- Supporting cardiovascular health and lung functions
- Supporting the health of our brain and nervous system as well as immune system
- Maintaining the health of our teeth and bones
- Regulating insulin levels
However, it is worth noting that vitamin D is not actually a vitamin. Vitamin, by its definition, is a nutrient that has to be acquired through supplement consumptions and diet as it cannot be naturally synthesized by our own body. Sunlight is the trigger. So, if your body gets enough amount of Vitamin D, the sunlight will accelerate the production and absorption of this Vitamin, so it will give your body healthy effect like what you want. Some of people still think that by having sun exposure, they will get the Vitamin D that their body need. Vitamin D is different in that it is can easily be produced by our body just by getting some fun in the sun. However, during the season where we cannot get an adequate amount of sun exposure, we can get our dose of vitamin D just by consuming the following foods:
- 1 teaspoon of Cod liver oil contains 440 IU of vitamin D
- 3-ounces of sardines contains 164 IU of vitamin D
- 3-ounces of mackerel and salmon contains 400 IU of vitamin D
- 3-ounces of tuna contains 228 IU of vitamin D
- 1-oz of Caviar contains 33 IU of vitamin D
- 1 large egg contains 41 IU of vitamin D
- 1 cup of raw milk contains 98 IU of vitamin D
In addition to getting some sun exposure and lead a healthy lifestyle, be sure to consume all of these Foods High In Calcium And Vitamin D daily. However, you need to know that the sunlight isn’t the source of Vitamin D.